Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Little Big Town & Carrie Underwood

I've been looking forward to last night for over four months! I've been to many concerts in my short life, but this was only my second time to be on the front row. They're especially good for us short people!!! I love music, I love concerts, and I will start my story with a fact that I'm sure you know if you know me..... I can't sit and be still... I must stand and dance!!!!

Little Big Town opened up the show, and they were great. I think they were even better this time that when I saw them last time! They have great songs and great harmonies.... I really enjoy them and all their music. (And the girls fashion! I loved these boots! Even though I could never pull them off.)

I made eye contact with Philip a few times and he nodded his head at me cause I was singing all the words (we were friends way back in the day when he went to ASU). I was secretly hoping that he recognized me.... but no go. About halfway through their set, two older gentlemen came in and sat on the other side of me. I would never think of these two as Carrie Underwood fans. But I didn't give them another thought. I continued to enjoy LBT, dancin' and singin' my heart out. Almost as soon as the lights came up after LBT was done, one of the men sitting next to me got my attention and said, "I like watching you and all, but if you never sit down, I won't get to see any of the show." I didn't really know what to say. Standing kind'f comes with the territory when you're at a concert, especially when you have floor seats. Plus, all the people around us that weren't standing during LBT were for sure going to be standing when Carrie came out. So I just smiled and said that I'd try.


Carrie came out and rocked! It's no secret that she could sing, I mean, you sing live on American Idol, you can't fake it on that show. But to hear her live and in person....... man, she can WAIL! She did not disappoint and she sang all my favorites.

She had several costume changes. And I got a play by play commentary about it from the two men. Her first outfit was a short black dress, and I guess they thought she was dressed for halloween. Then she put on a big full floor length blue dress for a few ballads. One man said, "that dress is twice as big as the last one". Then she went into an uptempo song and they ripped the long part of her skirt off and she had a short one on underneath it. Lesley happened to look over right when it happened and apparently their eyes bugged out. I'm glad they didn't have a heart attack. That would've been very distracting. :-) I'm all heart, I know. Just kidding!!!


Then came the odd moment of the night. Carrie picked up the guitar. I was impressed at first... but then she started strumming. Well, lets just say it looked very awkward. She was strumming way faster than the song and, well, you couldn't actually hear the strums..... so I'm thinking she was muted. I think it's great that she's learning how to play. I would love to play guitar. But I won't be learning four chords anytime soon just so I can hold a guitar while I'm on stage! No worries Jon and Charleton!!!!! I was quite jealous of her pink sparkly mic though!!! I would love to have one of those!

It was a great concert, with my great friends Kara and Lesley!!!!!


5 comments:

Misty said...

very impressive. mostly that you saw this concert in the year
2036. actually, i learned a tough lesson-to never hex my friends. I was the one who ended up with fever, chills, and a massive headache. Glad you guys had fun.

Anonymous said...

The date is all my fault. I am going to admit I am technologically challenged. I guess I need to stick with cooking and leave the photography to the professionals.

Mike Archer said...

micah was the 1st one to spot you dancing from the nosebleed section!

H.T. said...

Now, I love me some boots but those are pushin' it! lol! Maybe in your self proclaimed shortness you could pull them off as a pair of leather pants with footies. Glad you enjoyed yourself. I'm thinking you and Misty W. need to get together and show us some of your dance moves!

Amanda said...

I guess I can understand why he wanted you to sit down. It's your height.

Seriously, he was kinda rude. Who sits at a good concert?