Sunday, September 07, 2008

Christy's Shower

Friday we left on a girl trip to Springfield, MO... it was my mom, my grandma, my great aunt, Saraya and me. We went to celebrate with my wonderful cousin Christy at her baby shower for baby Payton Joy!!

We got to my cousin's house around 9pm. They have a black full size poodle and Saraya met her in the dark, and wasn't too crazy about a dog that was the same height as her. She even opened the door to go to the bathroom and freaked out cause the "pluto" was in the hall. Yes, she called it a pluto instead of a poodle. It was so cute that I really didn't really want to correct her, but I did. I had to carry her to the bathroom. The things you do for your kids. But by the next morning, after observing her in the daylight, they became fast friends and I even came out after my shower and found them cuddled together on the couch watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

The shower was a lot of fun. Seeing family is always a good time. But one person was missing.... my great aunt Marty (Christy's mom). She was talked about often, and I know that she would've been beaming from ear to ear if she'd been there. Crystal gave a precious gift, a blanket with photos of Christy and Marty on it. I enjoyed getting Christy some personalized burp cloths, bibs and a onesie that my friend Sarah made. They turned out so cute!!! She got lots of great stuff and now we're just waiting to meet that precious baby girl!!! Christy was just precious with her baby bump and was positively glowing! I'm so glad I got to see her pregnant, but now I can't wait to meet Payton!

No comments: