Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I love being a mom, but even more than that, I love being Saraya's mom. She's awesome. And thoughtful. And creative. She's been telling me for a week that she had a surprise for me.

Little did I know that she's been planning a surprise party for me! After church today, we were going to mom and dads to eat lunch. I walked in the door to find a card table sitting close to the front door. And a sweet precious voice filled the air as she jumped out from behind the wall "SURPRISE!!". She was so proud of herself! The card table had all the important things a surprise party needs. Cupcakes, Mint Oreos (one of my favorites!), pink napkins and cups (which she told me she had to get pink because she couldn't find orange ones anywhere!), a card she made, a Dora balloon, a card she bought and a gift. James said he had to talk her out of getting a pinata.... that they're not for mother's day. Cute!

In my eyes, I'm the luckiest mom in the world to be blessed with the best daughter in the world!!

3 comments:

Amy Barrett said...

love the surprise party! James should have let her get the pinata!

Very sweet!

Lesley said...

How sweet!

Anonymous said...

THAT is why we were supposed to be distracting you after church. Did you notice that Cristi and I weren't letting you leave? I didn't know why though--Christine just gave me orders "I gotta go--keep Dana from leaving. James is surprising her." We thought you might be getting a new car--but this was much better :)

Rachel