Sunday, November 02, 2008

Three Years...

...have passed since my grandpa left this earth.

For twelve years I saw or talked to my grandpa every day during the week at the parts store. I took those moments for granted. I've found myself hearing his voice in my head as I answer the phone or seeing him walk in the door as I've reflected on it this past week. With every tear, I'm grateful for the time I did have with him, especially those last twelve years. I wouldn't trade them for anything.It was far from perfect when he was with us. There were plenty of disappointments and hurts but there were also hugs, smiles and joy. Regrets will always exsist and I can't undo the past. But the bottom line will forever be, that I love him. And I miss him.

5 comments:

Amy Barrett said...

Is that you or Saraya with your Grandpa in the bottom picture?

Sweet post!

Dana said...

the top picture is me when i was a baby and the bottom picture is saraya and grandpa.

Sarah said...

I love the picture of him and Saraya.

Amanda said...

Wow, those baby pictures really favor. We all take so much for granted. It's easy to forget how short life can be.

Misty said...

Good words, Dana!