Saturday, October 11, 2008

46,000 Women..... 92,000 Boobs!!!!

Yesterday we left Jonesboro at 3:30ish and headed to Little Rock for the Race for the Cure. We got to our hotel after many, and I seriously mean MANY trips around the block. Dang those one way streets! Then after we were settled, we headed out to dinner at Cajun's Wharf. Oh wow. The best food ever!!!! My great friend Charity lives in Little Rock, so she met us for dinner. It was so great to spend some time with her. We talk on the phone every week just about, but we don't get to see each other much!!!
We went back to our hotel, with much more ease than the first time. Everyone was getting ready for bed, getting settled, I asked what time it was and they said, "10:00". No wonder I wasn't tired!!!! So I somehow managed to keep Chassidy and Julie up talking and playing with my iPod. I had the late night giggles and they kept me laughing. Julie was my bed partner, and as the clock struck midnight, we turned into pumpkins and finally went to sleep. I woke up a few times in the middle of the night...... with Julie's feet on me (her nightly habit) and once even butt to butt. Good thing I love her! ;-) But as all of you know, when the alarm went off at 6am, I thought I was going to die. I squeezed every bit of bed time I could... rolling out at the last possible minute.... 6:30. It was still dark..... so I actually got to see the sun rise!!!

The walk was great. Amazing stories. Amazing women. Amazing lives. Survivors with their daughters, and granddaughters. People walking in memory or in honor of friends. One of the neatest things though, were the men on the sidelines cheering us on. (I bought pink sunglasses just for the walk!!! And yes I know, Elton's already called... he can't have them back)

I was in the car with Holly, Angie, Cristi and Marinda. And if I learned one this on this trip..... it's that Holly and I are truly kindred driving spirits!! Everyone else in our car made comments all weekend about how she drives, a little fast.... never easing on the brakes.... but for me.......... it was like coming home. hehehehe!!!

These girls are so great, and I love spending time with them. Each time I do, our friendships deepen and our bonds grow tighter.

5 comments:

H.T. said...

I'm so glad we all got to hang out! And thanks for the love. We're just misunderstood.

James Hewitt said...

not misunderstood, you just drive bad! I can not speak for your driving personally because I was not in the car, but if you drive like Dana, you are bad, take my word for it. I love her, but I often fear for my life and Saray's when she is behind the wheel. If you guys are this bad now, just think how awful you will be when you are old ladies!!

H.T. said...

Wait just a minute, let me plead our case (Dana, help me out here). We are not bad drivers, we are skillful drivers with a mission. We have places to go and folks to see. I think we only had one instance where the brakes were actually slammed. No one was hurt and everyone is home safe with their families. There were no sleepers in the truck and it was by no means a boring ride!

Misty said...

Thanks for the warning James. I am as fearful as they come and the absolute worst back seat driver. Ask Tommy. Back seat driving reigns for the subject that causes the most quarrels between us.

Amy Barrett said...

As a fellow roommate of Holly Gibson Taylor's, I can affirm that she is a fast driver. When I met her she had a sports car with t-tops. I don't remember much about her driving except that she likes speed!

That is a sweet picture of you and Charity! All the pictures are good. IT looks like you all had a great time.