Sunday, September 21, 2008

Monday

Our second park was Animal Kingdom. No one in our group had been to this one before so it was fun to experience something new for everyone. It's a really neat park!

The first thing we did was go to the Lion King stage show. It was probably the best stage show ever. Now I really want to see the Broadway Show!!

Saraya really enjoyed getting to meet Mickey, Minnie and Goofy.


We stopped in Africa for some lunch. This african band was playing outside a restaurant. Of course, I stopped to listen and was mesmerized. After listening for quite awhile, they wanted volunteers. The head guy started pointing to people and blowing his whistle. Something in my gut told me he was going to pick me. Probably because he had already made eye contact with me a couple times and he could tell I was really enjoying it. I went up and had a ball. (I'll post the video in the next post)
The best thing at this park is the safari ride. You climb aboard a truck and drive through a tour of the animals. But they're not in pits and cages, they're roaming around in their natural habitat. It was really incredible. The closest animals that came to our truck were the rhino and the giraffe. But we saw lions, hippos, crocodiles, flamingos... all kinds of animals.
At the end of the day I was really wanting to ride the rapids ride... cause I love it! David, James, Saraya and I rode it!! Saraya really liked it!!

No comments: