Monday, June 30, 2008

Call me Mario....

Well, this afternoon was eventful. Dad asked me to run an errand for him, so I left the parts store and called my friend Sarah. We were talking as I was driving, and after I turned onto Main St from Nettleton, I looked in my rear view mirror to see a cop behind me with his lights on. I had no idea why he was pulling me over. I got off the phone and dealt with the cop. As I was giving him my driver's licence, my phone rang. It was Lesley. Of all the people to call me while I was sitting there. (She's scared to ride with me). Once the cop was in his car, I called her back. I really didn't want to tell her where I was. :-) As soon as I said I was pulled over, she said, "were you speeding???". I really wasn't..... but she didn't believe me. I got off the phone with her and just a few seconds later, my brother called. As soon as I picked up the phone he said, "did you get pulled over?" How in the world did he know that???? I was still sitting there! Apparently Jana had driven by and saw me in the parking lot.

The cop came back to my car and said, "I pulled you over for crossing the center line when you turned right." Oh good grief. The one time I'm actually NOT speeding, I get pulled over!!!

But the icing on the cake was the fact that I changed car insurance companies the week before I went to New York City, and in my haze of getting ready to leave, I never put my proof of insurance in the car. So, even though he gave me a warning for my weaving, he wrote me the ticket for no proof of insurance. Now I have to go through the hassle of going up there and proving it and getting it dropped. Sheesh.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Just so you know, you are the only one of two people(the other being my stepdad) I have ever been scared to ride with!!!