Monday, September 22, 2008

Tuesday: part three


As I was walking around taking pictures on Main Street, an employee came up to me and started asking me questions and asked if we were interested in any character sightings. I said yes, and he said, "How about Cinderella?". I knew that she wasn't spotted out very much at all outside of the parade, so I of course was interested. I thought it wasn't that big of a deal, we'd get there and have to stand in line for an hour. Much to my surprise, we got there and the time they told me was our appointment time. There was no one else even there. The Disney employee made a huge deal talking it up to Saraya. They took us behind the curtain and she made a big announcement, "I introduce to you, Princess Cinderella!" as she pulled the curtain back. It was so incredible. I teared up. Cinderella was instantly in character, talking to Saraya about her braids and asked if her mice or her birds braided them for her. Saraya was speechless. When we finally left, she looked up at me with her eyes so big and said, "mommy! she didn't have a mask on, it was really really her!!!!!"

3 comments:

Amanda said...

How cool! I would have cried too! She will remember that forever.

Mike Archer said...

She looks different than the Cinderella we saw last year...are you sure she was the real one?

James Hewitt said...

Mike, you probably saw the one they stick out in front of the regular park goers. It's OK, a lot of people think that's the real one. Only a select few get to see the real one. Maybe next time you go I will put in a good word for you.