Sunday, August 10, 2008

27 Things About Me


Well, I've seen gals blogging about random things or lists, so I thought I'd do one of my own. Mainly because I was wanting to blog and had absolutely nothing to blog about. :-)

1. I love a good laugh. There's nothing like being with a friend and cracking up. That true deep down laugh. The one you can't stop or control.

2. I love my iPod. If you see me during the week, I've probably got it in my ears. I even have a speaker pillow, and most nights I fall asleep listening to it. I love listening to music. I also love podcasts. I have my regulars.... Francis Chan's sermons from Cornerstone Church in Simi Valley California, The Official Lost Podcast with Damon Lindeloff and Carlton Cuse, The Lost Podcast with Jay and Jack, and now I'm checking out a couple fantasy football podcasts.

3. I love things flavored with cinnamon, milk chocolate, caramel or lemon. However, I hate coconut, nuts mixed in things, and cooked fruit. I'm an ice cream and chocolate snob. I really only like the good stuff... like Ben & Jerry's, Marble Slab, Godiva and Toblerone.

4. I love instant messaging. It keeps me connected to one of my best friends, Sarah. Pretty much all day when I'm at work, we're chatting. We've been friends since the summer of 1990. We've been through so much, and I am so blessed to say that 18 years later, we're closer today than we were in high school. There are many miles between Jonesboro and Raleigh, but she doesn't seem that far away.

5. I love to shop at Charlotte Russe (when I have money to spend that is!). I usually spend any money I make from taking pictures or doing invitations in that store... which is what I was doing Saturday!! :-)

6. I love fantasy sports. I wasn't real sure if it would be my thing, but I love watching sports anyway, so I fell in love with it! It actually makes me want to watch teams other than "my" teams. Its fun to beat the boys too!!

7. I love the praise band. We have a great group of talented people. Every person brings something different to the table. We have really meshed as a group. We have a lot of fun at practice. Everyone in the band sacrifices time and effort, but most importantly, everyone is there to be used by God.

8. I love going to concerts. I think I could go to one every weekend if I could afford it. It wouldn't even matter who it was, I just completely enjoy live music.

9. I love facebook. I have found so many people from years ago, and it's been really fun to reconnect.

10. I love my church family. I have never been this happy at a church. I have never felt this connected with a group of people. There are so many people that make my life better just because they're apart of it. They're some of my favorite people on the planet!!

11. I love taking pictures. Of course, my favorite subject is Saraya! But I love taking pictures of just about anybody. I love getting that "perfect shot" for someone.

12. I love big hoop earrings. I have no idea why, but I always have!

13. I love spicy food. The spicier the better. I especially love indian, mexican and italian food. I love fresh guac. I love cilantro. I put it on everything I can.

14. I love Friends the tv show. I own all 10 seasons on dvd. I have seen every episode a million times... and they still make me laugh. I often quote it and most people don't even know what I'm talking about.

15. I love Burt's Beeswax Chapstick. I always have one with me. I also have one on my keyboard at work, and one by my bed. I don't wear lipstick, I wear the tinted Burt's Chapstick!!! I'm addicted to it you could say. My lips feel weird to me if I don't have it on.

16. I love to travel to big cities. I don't think I'm cut out to live in a big city, but they're so fun to visit. My favorites that I've been to are LA, Chicago, Las Vegas and NYC... I'd like to add Boston to that list.

17. I love old muscle cars. My first car was a '66 Mustang Coupe that my dad restored. I loved it. I regret getting rid of it. I love old cars because of my dad. I've gone to more car shows than I can count, but I wasn't drug there kicking and screaming... I wanted to go! My dad is restoring a '68 Camaro right now and I'm hoping I get to drive it!! One day I hope to own one again.

18. I love to drive fast. There's something about getting on a highway and just driving. I really enjoy it. Once again, my lead foot comes from my dad. I come by it honestly. Dad gave up drag racing when I was born. I've always had a desire to try drag racing.

19. I love to do things I'm good at. On the flip side of that, I have a problem doing things that don't come naturally to me. If I can't do it well, I'd rather not do it. I have a fear of looking stupid and being made fun of.

20. I love to play games. Board games, card games, anything... there's nothing better than a group of friends, playing games, laughing and enjoying each other.

21. I love LOST. I love to try and figure out what's going on. I love researching things, finding theories and seeing how things are connected. The show is so creatively written. It's amazing and it's very addictive.

22. I love my cell phone. It keeps me connected to my other best friend and cousin, Ashley. We talk every couple days. It makes me feel like she's just down the road. My cell phone is usually always with me. When my life is really busy (which is often these days) it's usually ringing a lot cause I'm planning something! Besides that, I like that you can get ahold of people so easily these days. It's hard to remember what it was like before them.

23. I love to scrapbook. Although I think my "scrapbooking" is changing. (I really like the photo books online!) I do still love the art of real scrapbooking, I just don't have the time to scrapbook everything like I used to. I think I'm going to keep it to a minimum, mainly vacations and Christmas.

24. I love circles. Anything that has circles on it, I'm drawn to.

25. I love flips flops. I start wearing them as soon as my toes can stand it, and I don't put them away til I absolutely have to. I also love having my toenails painted.

26. I love my family, James and Saraya. I love it when the three of us just hang out. I love Saraya's personality, her laugh, and her sense of humor. I love to watch James be such a great dad. (Even though I'm jealous sometimes that's she's such a daddy's girl..... I remember that I am too) I am blessed to have my parents. I love that I work with my dad, mainly because I get to see him 5 days out of the week. I love that I'm close to my brother, David. I love that my mother-in-law lives with us. I love all the brother/sister-in-laws I have, and I have wonderful nieces and nephews.

27. I love blogging. Obviously I love it so much, I came up with this list just so I could blog!! haha! I really do love it though. I love reading other peoples blogs too. It's such a great tool to keep up with people. Losing touch with people is easy cause life gets busy. But I can keep up with friends that I don't see that often and it makes me feel like I'm still in on their life.

5 comments:

H.T. said...

Hey pretty girl! I know I told you today, but wanted to tell you again. Great picture. I enjoyed your list! It's always fun to learn more about people, as long as it's not scary info. lol

Amy Barrett said...

Flip flops, hoop earrings and blogging... I love them too! Great list. I won't have on any make up, my hair in a pony tail, and no other jewelry, but I'll have on those big hoop earrings. They are such a pick-me-up!

Sarah said...

We've exchanged lists like these for years and years and years and I still love them and I STILL always read something and think, I didn't know that! Today's fun fact: the hoop earings.
:)
So glad we talk every day!!!!

Amanda said...

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say they love circles! That's a new one. Good list! It's neat to read things like this about people.

Stacy said...

love this list! and yes, you do have a great laugh! And you laugh so easily. I think that is one of the things that I like the best about you... you laugh all the time!