Saturday, June 14, 2008

LNC

Last night was our first Late Night Cafe in the new building. I love LNC's. They're so laid back and so much fun just to hang out with friends. Last night was no different. The Crossroads band was up first, we had 8 songs. We did four of our upbeat worship songs and four secular songs. I think my favorite one we did was The Difficult Kind by Sheryl Crow. Charleton and I are both huge SC fans so I picked my favorite song of hers to perform. The song has great harmonies, which Steve pulled off (mainly cause he can sing high like a girl!) :-) We also did Little Big Town's I'm With the Band. That was a lot of fun to sing too. Then we ended with Elvis' Suspicious Minds. That was really fun to sing. I grew up listening to Elvis, my mom's a big fan. (I even went to an Elvis concert in her belly!) So she would've been proud. As you can tell, I didn't get any pictures.

The highlight of the night though was when my fellow Cellmates girls, Amanda and Kara, beat Mike and Jake in the finals of the Sequence tournament. Playing against Mike and Jake is something that can't be explained. They taunt you, and talk so much smack. I wanted so badly to beat them myself. But they beat my team in the simi-finals. I was beyond frustrated at the end of the game. I'm so competitive. But I am very proud that my girls pulled it off!!!

1 comment:

Mike Archer said...

The rookies had a lucky night...we will be back!!!