Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Great Day

I've been waiting for today for several weeks. Melissa was in town for Southland Schools graduation and she said she was going to go to Crossroads with me! I was so excited to get up this morning just so I could go pick her up. I can't tell you what a great service it was for me, to look out and watch her worshipping on the front row! I sang one of her favorite songs 'Make a Joyful Noise' and got a little choked up singing it. I thought of all the times we've done it together. It was another great worship service in our new building.
After church we had a cookout at our house for the band so that everyone could visit with Melissa. It was a great time. Back when we were in the band together, she always loved my "More Cowbell" sweatshirt. She emailed me awhile back and told me that she would wear her "More Cowbell" shirt that she just got so we could take a picture. I know that these two pictures will eternally be priceless to me. I know Mel doesn't have great days every day, but she is a pillar of strength to me. Her life here on earth is squeezing her, and the love and grace of God is flowing out of her. I am blessed to call her a friend.

No comments: